Master Suite 1st Floor - King Bed with TV and full bath
Master Suite 2nd Floor - King Bed with TV and full bath
Guest Room 2nd Floor - King Bed with TV
Guest Room 2nd Floor - 2 Twin Beds (Bunks) with TV
Loft Area - Pull out queen sofa bed
Saturday - Saturday only
Renters will not have access to the garage.
$69 Non refundable damage insurance
$220 Linen fee - Will be refunded if you bring your own linens
17296 King Philip Way Lewes DE 19958
Availability & Booking Calendar
- Duty Free
- Health Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Satellite / Cable
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heat
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet - Wifi
- Iron and Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boat
- Water Sports
- Fitness Center
- Communal Pool
- Fishing Bay
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Wind Surfing
- Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
Pet Fee - $300.00 - Tax Exempt
Accidental Damage Protection $3000 Coverage - $69.00 - Tax Exempt
Processing Fee - $75.00 - Tax Exempt
2. Then we have found that kids bunk bend had no mattresses at all. Instead, spring boxes with a large brown biological spot (yes, I guess it was what you are thinking) and sticking out hard wire rings, that's what the host suggested to kids to use for sleep. Luckily, we found very old, dirty and ripped twin size mattresses in the garage and put them on the beds instead of box springs . Lucky us, we had the forethought to bring our own mattress protectors.
3. Instructions had no data about wi-fi, but did contain the threat of a $50 fine for each parking tag that we won't return, claiming there were 4 of them in the house. Well, there were actually only 2 tags.
4. Next day we had to contact with Joe Maggio Realty representatives using 3 different ways: two phone numbers and through Airbnb, to get at least data regarding wi-fi. Not much success within half day, company claimed that we had wifi data "in the house". We were also offered to get a cleaning person. Seriously? Next day after we had to clean all that mess and even already washed all cups, plates, utensils, floors and toilets? After we have changed all beds and resolved an issue with an absence of mattresses? Really? I asked to reimburse us with cleaning fee, and made my claim for $400 (not even $589, as the host charged us, through Airbnb claim and by phone), but i received some vague promises to "figure it out", in response.
5. Then we had complete silence from the host, we called back to Joe Maggio Realty from home and asked if they really want to have very bad review, or they would like to fix some problems? We were asked to wait for another 3 days. OK. After those 3 days, Joe Maggio Realty decided to reimburse us with $175, and company representative claimed that was a real cleaning fee in full. Well, I have pdf with detailed receipt with $589 cleaning fee, how it is possible? BTW, as of yet we have not received that $175 check. Who knows if it will actually show up.
6. And finally, if you end up in situation like our one, please be aware that you have to contact Airbnb directly, as soon as you cannot get your problem resolved with a host, within 24 hours after your arrival. Otherwise, you will receive an "we are sorry but we cannot help you" email from Airbnb, as we did. If you claimed to receive your money within the first 24h, through Airbnb website, but did not ask Airbnb to step in right away, you would end up with zero help as well.
7. This is my first, and, hopefully, last bad experience with accommodations using Airbnb.
8. And yes, if you have a choice, I would advise to stay away from any houses that Joe Maggio Realty manages.
9. Last but not least, a very minor issues in comparison with overall mess: AC was set up at 88F (yes, 88), and most AC vents were closed (WHY?!). It took us few ours to realize what was wrong and why it was still so hot inside. And yes, a sink plug in one bathroom was broken.
PS: I have about 200 photos to prove every single point in my review. Unfortunately, there is no options here to upload them.