Who we are
Delaware Rentals are a vacation home and property rental company in the U.S.A.
Our contact details are:
37169 Rehoboth Avenue, Unit 11,
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
EU law now requires all websites that interact with EU citizens to provide a clearly visible description of how that particular site utilises data, cookies and their intended purpose.
What data we collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your full name, title, business name and job position.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and other types payment details
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system (OS), mobile platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to personal data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, or religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or blog publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- give us feedback.
Cookies and Web Bugs
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the users’ hard drive or browser which contains information about the user.
A web bug is similar to a cookie in that it is used, often secretly, to glean details of user surfing habits. We do not employ web bugs on any page of this website.
You have the option to block cookies via your web browser or clear them after a session. However, if you block cookies you may find you have limited access to certain areas of the website. For more information please see your browser’s help pages. Also, if you should wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking your movements on this site then please follow the procedure set out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track a users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We take every precaution to protect our visitors’ information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When a visitor or customer submits information via the website or email, this information is protected both online and off-line and is not divulged to 3rd parties without customers’ express permission.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Know your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
We take every precaution to protect our customers’ information. When customers submit information via the website or email this information is protected both online and off-line and is not divulged to 3rd parties without customers’ express permission.
We thank you for visiting Delaware Rentals, in a day and age when transparency is a key to good customer relations – we hope your visit to our website has been a pleasurable one.